ISO/TS 10303-439 specifies the application module for AP239 product life cycle support.
The following are within the scope of ISO/TS 10303-439:
- information for defining a complex product and its support solution;
- information required to maintain a complex product;
- information required for through life configuration change management of a product and its support solution;
- the representation of product structures, assemblies and breakdowns including:
- the identification and representation of parts, their versions, definitions, and documentation and management information, such as dates and approvals assigned to parts;
- the representation of multiple product structure views;
- the representation of functional, physical, system and zonal breakdown of the product structure, from system via subsystems or components to end items;
- the representation of the shape of an assembly as the composition of the shape representation of its components;
- the identification of positions within an assembly of parts to which component parts may be attached;
- the association of valued properties to a part or to an assembly;
- the representation of interfaces between products;
- the classification of parts, documents and assemblies.
- the representation of a product through life including:
- the representation of product requirements and their fulfilment;
- the representation of existing or potential future products;
- the identification of the configuration of a product for a given role;
- the specification of effectivity constraints applied to configuration of a product;
- the representation of predicted and observed states of products.
- the specification and planning of activities for a product including:
- the specification of tasks to be performed on a product;
- the representation of conditions for performing the tasks, including the resources required and the location of the resources and product;
- the representation of the type of person and skills required for performing a task;
- the representation of planning and scheduling of the tasks and the management and authorization of the subsequent work.
- the representation of the activity history of a product including:
- the recording of the usage of a product and the resource usage;
- the recording of the activities performed on a product and the resource usage.
- the representation of the product history including:
- a historical record of the states of a product;
- a historical record of the configuration status of the product;
- the location of product data;
- the observation of product data.
Status: Under development
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data