IEC PAS 80005-3:2014(E) describes low voltage shore connection (LVSC) systems, on board the ship and on shore, to supply the ship with electrical power from shore. This PAS is applicable to the design, installation and testing of LVSC systems and addresses:
- LV shore distribution systems;
- shore-to-ship connection and interface equipment;
- semiconductor/rotating convertors;
- ship distribution systems; and
- control, monitoring, interlocking and power management systems. It does not apply to the electrical power supply during docking periods, e.g. dry docking and other out-of-service maintenance and repair. It is expected that LVSC systems will have practicable applications for ships requiring up to 1 MVA. Low-voltage shore connection systems not exceeding 250 A, with a maximum of 125 A per cable and not exceeding 300 V to earth are not covered by this PAS. High-voltage shore connection systems are covered by IEC/ISO/IEEE 80005-1.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 43
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 8/SC 3 Piping and machinery
- ICS :
- 47.020.60 Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 290|
|std 2 290||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
IEC/IEEE DIS 80005-3
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.