ISO 19104:2016 specifies requirements for the collection, management and publication of terminology in the field of geographic information.
The scope of this document includes
- selection of concepts, harmonization of concepts and development of concept systems,
- structure and content of terminological entries,
- term selection,
- definition preparation,
- cultural and linguistic adaptation,
- layout and formatting requirements in rendered documents, and
- establishment and management of terminology registers.
ISO 19104:2016 is applicable to International Standards and Technical Specifications in the field of geographic information.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 83
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 211 Geographic information/Geomatics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.