ISO/IEC TR 18120:2016 makes recommendations that are intended to build consensus on which International Standards for e-textbooks can be developed. It is a follow up to the collection of inputs from interested parties and aims to
- review the current state of the e-textbook market,
- summarize LET requirements for e-textbooks based on use cases and survey of interested parties,
- review existing data standards that are referenced by potential e-textbook standards,
- describe key terms and concepts that underpin any further discussion on e-textbook standards,
- propose a set of functionalities that will be required for e-textbook reader software,
- make recommendations for any modification to existing data standards, and
- make recommendations for any new data standards that might be needed.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 69
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 36 Information technology for learning, education and training
- ICS :
- 35.240.90 IT applications in education
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/IEC TR 18120:2016Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.