ISO/IEC 19795-4:2008 prescribes methods for technology and scenario evaluations of multi-supplier biometric systems that use biometric data conforming to biometric data interchange format standards.
It specifies requirements needed to assess
- performance available from samples formatted according to a standard interchange format (SIF),
- performance available when samples formatted according to a SIF are exchanged,
- performance available from samples formatted according to a SIF, relative to proprietary data formats,
- SIF interoperability by quantifying cross-product performance relative to single-product performance,
- performance available from multi-sample and multimodal data formatted according to one or more SIFs, and
- performance interoperability of biometric capture devices.
In addition, ISO/IEC 19795-4:2008
- includes procedures for establishing an interoperable set of implementations,
- defines procedures for testing interoperability with previously established sets of implementations, and
- gives testing procedures for the measurement of interoperable performance.
It does not
- establish a conformance test for biometric data interchange formats, or
- provide test procedures for online data collection.