ISO 11071-2:2006 consists of a comparison of the requirements of selected topics as covered by the following worldwide safety standards (excluding regional or national deviations):
- CEN European Standard EN 81-2:1998, Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts -- Part 2: Hydraulic lifts;
- ASME A17.1:2004, Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators and CSA B44:2004, Safety Code for Elevators;
- Japan - Building Standard Law of Japan (BSLJ);
- Standards Australia:
- AS 1735-1: 2003, Lifts, Escalators and Moving Walks - Part 1: General Requirements;
- AS 1735-3: 2002, Lifts, Escalators and Moving Walks - Part 3: Passenger and Goods Lifts - Electro-hydraulic.
ISO 11071-2:2006 applies to hydraulic lifts only, both of the direct and indirect acting type.
It should be noted that, in addition to the above listed standards, lifts must conform to the requirements of other standards (for example, standards covering mechanical, structural, and electrical equipment; building codes, and environmental regulations). Some of the standards will be referred to in this Technical Report.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2006-04
Edition: 2Number of pages: 115
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 178 Lifts, escalators and moving walks
- ICS :
- 91.140.90 Lifts. Escalators
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
ISO/TR 11071-2:1996/Amd 1:1999
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.