ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005 is aimed at both the users and manufacturers, and intends to present the user requirements regarding keyboards and associated devices and methods, at time of its publication.
ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005 covers
- the different input requirements catering for national and international practices and support of cultural and linguistic diversity;
- the recognition of requirements regarding comfort of use (for any user, including children, elderly and disabled people), and improved user productivity related to inputting data;
- enhancements of keyboards and related input devices and methods required for new emerging phenomena such as Internet, multimedia, virtual reality;
- virtual input requirements;
- labelling issues (soft [LCD] and hard, permanent and temporary labels), function symbols and icons.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-07
Edition: 3Number of pages: 7
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 User interfaces
- ICS :
- 35.180 IT terminal and other peripheral equipment
ISO/IEC TR 15440:2005Stage: 95.99
ISO/IEC TR 15440:2016
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.