ISO 17396:2014 specifies the principal characteristics of synchronous endless and open belts and pulleys of the profile systems T and AT for use in synchronous belt drives for mechanical power transmission and where positive indexing or synchronization can be required.
The principal belt and pulley characteristics include
- nominal belt tooth dimensions,
- belt tooth pitch spacing,
- belt length and width dimensions,
- belt length measurement specifications,
- pulley groove dimensions and tolerances,
- pulley diameter and width dimensions and tolerances, and
- pulley quality specification.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2014-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 18
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 41/SC 4 Synchronous belt drives