ISO/PAS 22720:2005 gives a brief description of ASAM ODS Version 5.0 where ASAM stands for Association for Standardization of Automation and Measuring Sytems and ODS for Open Data Services.
It specifies an architecture-independent method for the persistent storage and retrieval of data. ASAM ODS provides:
- a common data model (base model) for the unambiguous and complete storage of data;
- interfaces (Application Programmer's Interfaces, APIs) to access data of ASAM-compatible systems and tools in a standardized way;
- a database model for the (wide-spread) relational databases;
- a standardized, easy to use, text-based exchange format (ASAM Transport Format, ATF) in order to exchange ASAM ODS data (including its meta-information) between different systems and different platforms;
- a set of application models that reflect typical scenarios for the use of ASAM ODS and that easily allows a mapping between data originating from different companies.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 1177
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 184/SC 4 Industrial data
- ICS :
- 01.120 Standardization. General rules
ISO/PAS 22720:2005Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.